Caesar Chorus, no osc light or wet sound

Built the Caesar Chorus and it has sound pass when pedal is not engaged, and also dry sound through the pedal when engaged. However there is no chorus sound, and oscillating LED is blank. When mix is turned all the way up there is no sound at all.

Wonder if someone could help with some advice. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20231208_191235.jpg
    20231208_191235.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 29
  • 20231208_191256.jpg
    20231208_191256.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Solution
Do you have an audio probe? Do you have a frequency setting on your DMM?

No audio at 100%wet on the blend pot means you aren't getting delayed signal. That would happen is the clock isn't working. You can check that by probing pin 2 or 6 of the BBD with your DMM. You should measure ~30kHz. If the clock is working, use your audio probe to test the output of the BBD at pins 7 or 8. If you aren't getting audio there check your bias trim, first.

The LFO indicator light not working indicates a problem with the LFO. However, that wouldn't keep the delay signal from passing. So you might have two problems. Why don't you measure the voltages on all the chips and post them. This might help identify the problem.
I think it’s probably an issue with the trim pot. I think he needs to figure out the lfo then adjust the trim pot and worry about if there’s an issue with the bbd.
That might have came out wrong. But the lfo is clearly not working. But even when it is this circuit doesn’t give you a chorus signal until you adjust the trim. So get the led blinking. The. Adjust trim before assuming the bbd part is bad I would think.

Do you have an audio probe? Do you have a frequency setting on your DMM?

No audio at 100%wet on the blend pot means you aren't getting delayed signal. That would happen is the clock isn't working. You can check that by probing pin 2 or 6 of the BBD with your DMM. You should measure ~30kHz. If the clock is working, use your audio probe to test the output of the BBD at pins 7 or 8. If you aren't getting audio there check your bias trim, first.

The LFO indicator light not working indicates a problem with the LFO. However, that wouldn't keep the delay signal from passing. So you might have two problems. Why don't you measure the voltages on all the chips and post them. This might help identify the problem.
So I don't have an audio probe and my DMM is as cheap as they come. I DID build the CE-2 copy here and it sounded amazing and has same chipset so I transfered over and low and behold it was working great. Turns out I had a bad chip in there. Thanks for the help!

Back