Caeser volume boost.

Teddeeh

Hey y’all.
so ive built 2 caesers/julias for myself and a friend and im in the process of testing them. Sound all good in the hood. So i reorganise my signal chain and im finding that after my distortion im actually getting a slight but noticable volume boost. Any thoughts to this or remedies?

I've done this mod to a CE-2 several times (except I want it louder).

I'm not sure which resistors it is exactly on the Caesar/Julia (based on CE-2), but on the CE-2 I'll adjust R21 (dry) and R22 (wet). I usually knock these down to 42k which gives a slightly noticeable volume boost to my ears. I used to aim around 37k but overtime felt that was too much. If you wanted to reduce a bit of volume, I'd try swapping those with something a bit higher, maybe try 51k for slight or 56k for a little more cut.
boss-ce-2-schematic-parts.png

Increasing R24 might also make it louder. It's a negative feedback resistor, but adjusting that will also affect high/low EQ gain, I think.

Hey y’all.
so ive built 2 caesers/julias for myself and a friend and im in the process of testing them. Sound all good in the hood. So i reorganise my signal chain and im finding that after my distortion im actually getting a slight but noticable volume boost. Any thoughts to this or remedies?
Hey, did you manage to fix this? I am in the same boat

Back