Can someone check my Tayda UV PDF file?

I'm trying to make a small run of Katana clones and want to make sure I did this right. My first attempt wasn't great - I messed up the layers/vectoring of the text. I have a PDF that I made in Affinity and an Inkscape file, not sure how to upload the svg/inkscape file.

Attachments

• KellyKateAnna2.pdf
    57.8 KB · Views: 25
I saw your post on Reddit, you'll print them on white enclosures, right? (just to confirm that you don't need a white underlay).
I'm on an older version of Illustrator, but I guess you have your gloss layer and your color layer separate, so it should be fine.
On a side note, you should just have the full circles for your gloss layer to simplify the file. It should print fine as is, but would be better in a design perspective.

I saw your post on Reddit, you'll print them on white enclosures, right? (just to confirm that you don't need a white underlay).
I'm on an older version of Illustrator, but I guess you have your gloss layer and your color layer separate, so it should be fine.
On a side note, you should just have the full circles for your gloss layer to simplify the file. It should print fine as is, but would be better in a design perspective.
Correct I'll be printing them on white. Thanks for the note on the gloss layer. I wasn't quite sure how it works but that makes sense to just make circles for them. Question - when I'm printing on something other than white, does the order of the layers matter? Or will they always print White>Color>Gloss?

Correct I'll be printing them on white. Thanks for the note on the gloss layer. I wasn't quite sure how it works but that makes sense to just make circles for them. Question - when I'm printing on something other than white, does the order of the layers matter? Or will they always print White>Color>Gloss?

The layer order probably doesn't matter for printing order with the white and gloss layers being spot colors. I still always set my files up in that order though.

Opening your file in the most current version of Illustrator the gloss wasn't a separate layer for me. I separated them out and also unified the gloss layer's circles as @SYLV9ST9R suggested. The artboard was also a few tenths of a mm larger on both sides, which I know is a common problem outside of Illustrator, so I fixed that too.

Attachments

• KellyKateAnna3.pdf
    123.2 KB · Views: 18
The layer order probably doesn't matter for printing order with the white and gloss layers being spot colors. I still always set my files up in that order though.

Opening your file in the most current version of Illustrator the gloss wasn't a separate layer for me. I separated them out and also unified the gloss layer's circles as @SYLV9ST9R suggested. The artboard was also a few tenths of a mm larger on both sides, which I know is a common problem outside of Illustrator, so I fixed that too.
Thank you! Not sure why layers didn't show up on the new illustrator, I checked it with Affinity, Inkscape, and Adobe reader. Oh well, thanks for your help!

Alex is probably right, as I always have them like this and they print fine:
GLOSS
COLOR
WHITE
when I'm printing on something other than white, does the order of the layers matter?
Not sure it matters (as Alex stated, the Roland swatch are spot colors so the White print first and the varnish last), but I was mainly asking because I was going to suggest to use a white underlay under any color for other enclosures.

Last edited:
Back