SOLVED CDXL Reissue Biasing

jwyles90

Hey all!

I just finished this guy up, and as far as I can tell everything “technically” works, I’m just not entirely sure how to dial it in properly. I’ve never played the original so I’ve got nothing to compare it to, but it seems that I’m only getting that auto-Wah, filter type sound when I’ve got the level between 3/4 of the way up to maxed out. Anything below that it’s all basically just low end, with the occasional Wah-ing depending on how hard my attack is and where the range is at.

I tried messing with the trim pots, the one on the left never seemed to make much of a difference from min to max. The one of the right had some effect on the EQ of the filter, if that makes sense, so I think I’ve got it set to where it needs to be. All that being said, I’m kind of lost in terms of setting the trim pots up and knowing how it should be reacting to my playing. Anyone have any experience with this one they could share?

1BB77689-E1A4-4C86-8A53-B8626B276025.jpeg

The schematic in the build doc lists what voltages to shoot for on the trimpots, I’m assuming from the original unit

Attachments

• 1E72ECF1-0F81-4EB3-A428-8C7B82DD5133.jpeg
    1E72ECF1-0F81-4EB3-A428-8C7B82DD5133.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 14
Back