Cepheid sounds great but has 10db drop

datmuffin

I’m a little baffled about the significant volume drop of roughly 10db when my Cepheid build is activated. Everything seems to be set up correctly and the pedal does sound really good, it just clearly cuts the output volume.

I’ve been over the cap and resistor values, I’ve swapped all three ICs, heck, I even tried two different power sources, a 9V 200ma and a 400ma just to see if that was a factor.

Anyway, hoping for some helpful tips as I’ve just about run out of ideas. Thanks!

(Also I know some of my resistors look funny- R28, R34, R35, but they all test out correctly!)

Attachments

• C3D2B02F-707B-4A8A-93E9-4D8B469AC12E.jpeg
    C3D2B02F-707B-4A8A-93E9-4D8B469AC12E.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 52
I have noticed that I can hear a rhythmic noise what I’m guessing is the clock when the pedal is not engaged. The rate of the interval changes with the Rate. Is that normal?

I have noticed that I can hear a rhythmic noise what I’m guessing is the clock when the pedal is not engaged. The rate of the interval changes with the Rate. Is that normal?
No, It's in Bypass mode. The Input wire is going to Ground so it should be shunted???
Is this the only pedal you have connected?
If not, it could be the Power supply if daisy chained.

Back