Chalumeau 6 knob

DailyDovetails

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here is a 6 knob Chalumeau I built. The extra 1k pot is a gain control going from pin 1 on the lm386 to pin 8. I like the added range the gain knob adds. I have gotten some decent sounds out of this I like it turned low with the gain down a bit on cleans. I makes some big sounding lead lines into dirt. A lot of the settings are too wacky for me to use. I think I need to play with it a bit more.

I’m learning Inkscape and used it to make the design on the pedal. It’s a spiral made out of different length dashes.

I learned the LDR coupler on this leaks light in dark grey I will likely do them only in black moving forward.

This was an easy build it worked first try.

Attachments

• IMG_6020.jpeg
    IMG_6020.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6021.jpeg
    IMG_6021.jpeg
    496.2 KB · Views: 35
It’s 2 colors of filament. My printer only does one color so manually change it.
Brave soul! I tried doing that once (also manually) while doing a Claptrap model and it did not go well, haha. I might give it another go.

Are you using PLA or something like nylon or PETG? Noticed the walls are nice and thick. For my assembly prints/templates I just end up using the Hammond STLs.

Brave soul! I tried doing that once (also manually) while doing a Claptrap model and it did not go well, haha. I might give it another go.

Are you using PLA or something like nylon or PETG? Noticed the walls are nice and thick. For my assembly prints/templates I just end up using the Hammond STLs.
changing the filament isn’t so bad. I set it so it prints all of each color so I only have to switch them once. It would be cool to have a printer that has 2 or more heads it would allow you to include color changes throughout the print.

I try to print only in PETG. It’s decently strong and I like that any defects can be cleaned up with a sharp knife. The walls are 2mm thick and I print .5mm passes. I found having the walls a multiple of your pass width gives them a nice appearance and makes them strong. You have to print the outside walls first tho or you tend to get blobs if your extrusion amount isn’t perfect.

I’m thinking of making a 3d printed assembly/test platform if I get around to doing it I will post it here.

I did one a couple years back, but it was pretty half-arsed and rushed. Also it broke not long after I started a using it hahaha

3d printing can be hard. I have things I have redesigned and printed like 15 times before I was happy with them.

I like the orientation of that. I may include some sort of a feature so my platform can sit like that. Other than that I was thinking of making it similar to my current enclosure but with things trimmed away to make it easy to solder in. Also I want to make it so I can build any of the knob configurations of PPCB in the one platform. I may look into making it match the drill templates so everyone can use it. I haven’t used one so far I just caliper everything and make it work.

Back