Chinese MN3*** BBD Chips

hpdonat

I couldn't resist buying 5 sets of MN3207 and MN3102 from a Chinese vendor on eBay. You know how they say, "too good to be true." Do you think $1.20 a piece qualifies? They had a 98. somethin somethin approval rating so, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I thought I'd run it by you guys to get your thoughts on it. By the way, what is the best way to test their quality?

Honestly, it’s a crap shoot. When I did this, most didn’t work at all (40% seemed rebranded) and those that did were sub par compared to ones from others sources.

I bought some MN3005s directly from Xvive in China they put me onto fzone technology which I thought looked a bit dodgy

Anyway I ordered 3 and an MN3007 just to test and they were all good

It's much harder to tell these days if they're fake with Xvive etc being manufactured in China

I bought quite a few MN3207's (at least labeled as such) over time from an eBay vendor named Polida and so far they've all been OK. I do test them individually for noise and throw away the ones not meeting my specs, but they've all worked so far.

Update: I just measured 50 alleged MN3207's from eBay's Polida. 48 of them were good, two bad (not dead, but gain was way off and varied with modulation). The good ones were very consistent and better than other batches I got from him in the past (lower noise, more headroom). No idea who actually makes them, but the 48 good ones easily met the official MN3207 spec.

Back