Cricut Decals

Thanks. The tools in Design Space are a bit limited but with a bit of perseverance I've found that you can get a really good result. Also, for the small lettering I use pre-cut lettering from becc.co.uk. They‘re available as small as 2mm, which you can’t really cut with the Cricut machine.
I switch back and forth between a cheap Kindle Fire app, Design Space, and Word for font work :ROFLMAO:. Your pedals look very clean! Do you hit them with any coating after?

I switch back and forth between a cheap Kindle Fire app, Design Space, and Word for font work :ROFLMAO:. Your pedals look very clean! Do you hit them with any coating after?
Thanks. I don’t apply any coating. I used to use Posca pens and clear coat over the top, but not with the vinyl transfers.

All of these were made using cricut. For some I designed the film free decal and used the print and cut feature to make sure it was perfectly sized. Others it's a straight vinyl application, and a couple of them are stencils I cut out with the cricut and used to spray paint the graphics.

Cricut is a very handy tool. My only issue is the text when it gets down small, it's hard to get clean vinyl cuts. I'm keeping it, but also adding a laser engraver soon

Attachments

• 20221110_075131.jpg
    20221110_075131.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 77
All of these were made using cricut. For some I designed the film free decal and used the print and cut feature to make sure it was perfectly sized. Others it's a straight vinyl application, and a couple of them are stencils I cut out with the cricut and used to spray paint the graphics.

Cricut is a very handy tool. My only issue is the text when it gets down small, it's hard to get clean vinyl cuts. I'm keeping it, but also adding a laser engraver soon
Hi, nice designs. I use these vinyl letters for small text http://www.becc.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d5.html

They’re a bit fiddly to apply but once you get them lined up they look pretty good.

I heard cricut uploads your stuff to the internet.

Can you use it completely offline?
Good question, I haven't tried. It seems like they try to force cloud storage on you, but I'll see if I can shut off my internet and still run it.

I just got my cricut a week or so ago, I'm still figuring things out.

I had not heard of this until now. I'm intrigued! So this machine would be capable of cutting a template to use as a silkscreen of sorts for making faceplates?? 'cus custom faceplates can be really expensive.....

I had not heard of this until now. I'm intrigued! So this machine would be capable of cutting a template to use as a silkscreen of sorts for making faceplates?? 'cus custom faceplates can be really expensive.....
In theory, sure. If you have one of the longer mats you can cut designs out that are up to 24" long, that will cover a good number of amp faceplates. Move it over onto your chassis, hit it with spraypaint, carefully remove the vinyl, and boom you have a custom faceplate. Not something I would want to do over and over, but for one-offs it could certainly do the trick.

Alternatively, the vinyl is "permanent" so it has a good adhesive, you could just use the vinyl as your labels in lieu of a printed/painted faceplate. If you're worried about wear and tear you can throw a clearcoat over the vinyl, no problem.

In theory, sure. If you have one of the longer mats you can cut designs out that are up to 24" long, that will cover a good number of amp faceplates. Move it over onto your chassis, hit it with spraypaint, carefully remove the vinyl, and boom you have a custom faceplate. Not something I would want to do over and over, but for one-offs it could certainly do the trick.

Alternatively, the vinyl is "permanent" so it has a good adhesive, you could just use the vinyl as your labels in lieu of a printed/painted faceplate. If you're worried about wear and tear you can throw a clearcoat over the vinyl, no problem.
Ok, got it. I was thinking of templates but then you have letter's like O which can't be done with a template since it would be a blob instead of an O. I was looking at Vevor, they have some really good prices on the large roland style vinyl plotter/cutters. But I'm thinking computer aided silk screen is still where I'm going. After I pay for the Harley I'm looking at. lol. Priorities.....

Back