Dark Rift Delay

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
Not sure if this should go here or in the troubleshooting threads. I just finished up a dark rift delay and it works. However, the repeats aren’t very loud even with the mix pot at max. I’ll hear one or maybe two repeats and that’s it. Has anyone had experience like this? Is this the nature of the circuit? I’ll start swapping out the pt2399 this weekend when I have a few moments. Any input would be appreciated.

For you @BuddytheReow I was willing to fire up my rig and play some guitar before finishing my first cup of coffee:)

I am not having the issue you are having with the repeats. On my pedal the repeats can be set with the "Repeats" pot from fairly tight (one or two repeats) to full on self oscillation at max. The volume of the repeats can be as loud as the original signal controlled by the "mix" pot.

Sounds like something's not quite right with your PT2399 or something else.

Try bypassing the pot with alligator clips or wire. Maybe the pot itself is dodgy.
I’ll try that, but I know the pot works as intended. I can get 100% dry signal when turned ccw. I gues my issue is that the repeats are too quiet and decay very quickly

I’ll try that, but I know the pot works as intended. I can get 100% dry signal when turned ccw. I gues my issue is that the repeats are too quiet and decay very quickly
I wish I could remember which resistor/cap it was. But I had this happen to me as well. I ended up accidently using like a 100n cap instead of the required 100p. Very similar symptoms

Back