Dark Rift Repeats distorting... Sometimes

I just built a friend a Dark Rift Delay. I tested it extensively with both a strat and SG, no issues whatsoever (he tested it at my house with the SG too, so he knows it works properly). He took it home, and if he uses the neck pickup on either his PRS or LTD, the repeats distort quite badly unless he pulls the output level on the guitar back, but the middle and bridge positions are fine. His Les Paul doesn't do it at all. I am at a total loss here, as the bridge pups are higher output and not causing this.

I’m not sure about the dependence on pickup type but the PT2399 chips are known to distort at longer delay times. Does the issue go away if you shorten it up? I swapped a couple chips til my issue went away

I unfortunately don't have the pedal anymore, the dude I sold it to does but he said the only thing that changed it was his neck VS bridge. The amount of distortion he's getting is way more than what comes from a pt2399 though, it was pretty absurd lol he sent me a short video that's too big to attach unfortunately. I also tested it myself with a wide variety of settings before I gave it to him, tried with both single coils and humbuckers, bridge and neck and I never experienced it with any settings.

Back