Deflector Build/Spin FV-1 Pre-Soldered?

I've built quite a few pedals, but this will be my first FV-1 build and I'm sure this is a dumb n00b question. In almost every thread about FV-1 builds, there are people talking about getting the PCB's with the chip presoldered but I don't see any options for that, or even the Spin FV-1 for sale here. How are people going about that? SMT isn't my thing and it doesn't seem like this would be a great place to start.

I had the same question. Bases on a thread I feel will be tough for me to find again on my phone, it is my understanding that @PedalPCB couldn't get enough chips in at a time to keep up with ever increasing demand. They would repeatedly sellout without coming anywhere near the growing waitlist numbers. So, trying to carrying the chip was just not worth it. And with that, no more pre-soldered FV-1's for us noobs. I bought 3 awhile ago from @Cabintech and hope that the how-to YouTube videos and some good vibes from the forum will guide my soldering iron. It doesn't look to be too hard to do with a decent size tip, a flux pen, and some solder paste.

I had the same question. Bases on a thread I feel will be tough for me to find again on my phone, it is my understanding that @PedalPCB couldn't get enough chips in at a time to keep up with ever increasing demand. They would repeatedly sellout without coming anywhere near the growing waitlist numbers. So, trying to carrying the chip was just not worth it. And with that, no more pre-soldered FV-1's for us noobs. I bought 3 awhile ago from @Cabintech and hope that the how-to YouTube videos and some good vibes from the forum will guide my soldering iron. It doesn't look to be too hard to do with a decent size tip, a flux pen, and some solder paste.
Damn, that would explain it. Thanks for the heads up. Shaky hands and horrendous vision aren't a great starting point for SMT, but I do have tiny iron tips, SMT tweezers, and a station with a light up magnifying glass already, so at least I'm most of the way there.

As an alternative,

I have a reflow oven and can attach those to the adapter board quite easily. I'd be happy to solder however many you need, no charge of course.

FYI, we just obtained a reflow station and may start offering pre-soldered FV-1s. That is, if we can ever get FV-1s in stock again! :) Current estimate is June/July but no telling for sure.

Back