Dizzy Elk (Get Rad! Edition)

blackhatboojum

So, my favorite Californian, @peccary hooked me with this one and I gotta say… this was a fun build. As a general rule, I’m not a dirt box guy and fuzz is pretty low on the list of sounds I enjoy or want to try. That being said though, I’m enjoying the hell out of this fuzz. Per Joe’s suggestion, I auditioned a boatload of diodes, germanium and silicon, until I found a sound I liked. I’m amazed how much a single diode can affect how this fuzz sounds and feels. That alone has made this whole experience fun and rewarding. Ultimately, I ended up settling on a BAT46. With this diode it’s fat, unruly, and has sustain for days. Quite the opposite of the germanium's I tested. Those resulted in that Velcro ripping, gated kind of fuzz and personally, I’m not really a fan of that sound.

For the enclosure, I went with a champagne colored enclosure from Tayda, and a goofy cartoon of a drunken elk. A pretty fitting character for this fuzz because of how angry and unruly it can get.

IMG_2474.jpeg
IMG_2475.jpeg

Last edited:
I love it. This came together great.

This is pretty close to the artwork I had in my mind with the Dizzy Elk name, and I'm loving the color of that enclosure.

I haven't ever tried any Si diodes, I'll have to experiment with those.

Everyone showing off their Dizzy Elk builds like:

0bb350f82afb78b08be3931ca27a3bb1.gif

I love how this came out and I can't wait to build mine
Thanks Will. I can’t wait to see yours 🤘.

I love it. This came together great.

This is pretty close to the artwork I had in my mind with the Dizzy Elk name, and I'm loving the color of that enclosure.

I haven't ever tried any Si diodes, I'll have to experiment with those.

Everyone showing off their Dizzy Elk builds like:

View attachment 61331
Thanks Joe. I digging the hell out of this fuzz.

Looks great. Nice build! I'm definitely trying BAT46s in mine now.
Many thanks. I should also mention that a 5mm red LED sounds pretty badass too. It also lights up 🤩… and I’m a 🤡.

Awesome build! And That belligerent elk is quite possibly the best graphic I have ever seen on a pedal… I can’t stop laughing every time I look at it…. This needs to be my spirit animal.
Thanks Rob. I hereby christen drunken elk official Abduction Audio abductee.
IMG_2479.JPG
Bullwinkle fell off the wagon and has had enough of Rocky's bullsh*t.

Sweet build.

Echoing the above. Superb all around and I too love the belligerent elk.
Huge thanks!

Last edited:
Back