Does ANYONE make a round enclosure?

Bucksears

Crazy as it sounds, I'd love to build an Expandora clone but only in a ROUND enclosure. That's such a signature look, that I'd like to recreate it, if possible.
I know Hammond doesn't make one - just putting some feelers out there to see if anyone else might have a lead.

Large Fuzz face Enclosures are the only ones I've seen. I'm amazed no one has started selling a cloned mini Fuzz face enclosure yet.

1701752331585.jpeg
I mean, if you want to commit, my compliments to the chef.

The guy who made the ValveliTzer (12FQ8) used super 8 film reel canisters or something. Nowhere near the quality and structural integrity of a cast aluminum enclosure.

Get thee to a plumbing store. Mind, most plumbing is plastic abs bs nowadays.

Used to be you could get big metal caps, though. Bonus — no screws to fiddle with if you need to open it up, just twist the lid right off.

Grainger Canada offers this 4" galvanised cap:

2WJ67_AS02

WEDGE PRODUCTS has these, not sure of size:

Pipe_Caps_End_caps.jpg

I picked up an old-school school fire-alarm bell, but it's pretty big for just an Expandora, not that over-sized enclosures ever stopped people from putting a couple transistors and a few caps and resistors into a large round enclosure...

Thx guys - I'm probably going to shelve this idea for a while. If I get really antsy, I'll just do a 125B.
I’m running into the same problem.

I’m currently looking into old lamp bases. Like desk lamp. Do an image search for a Guyatone Crazy Face. I’m pretty sure those are just lamp bases they sourced. Or some other type of industrial enclosure.

Goodwill, garage sales, flea markets, your Grandmas basement. Look at lamps. you’ll find something cool that will work.

You can buy beeswax in a can for less than most enclosures cost on Ebay. I've seen various types of polish in cans with a push-on cap too. Have a look at polishes in a hardware store maybe?

s-l1600.jpg

Back