Double PCB template in 1590XX

pcb rookie

Getting ready for my first double PCB in a 1590XX (King tone dualist / Soloist). Anyone would have a drill template for two single PedalPCB's mounted in a 1590XX?

I'll be designing my graphics in illustrator

If not, any advises would be welcome on how I should center the drill hole?

Attachments

• Order_Switch_Wiring_Diagram-2.jpg
    Order_Switch_Wiring_Diagram-2.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I don't have a template handy, but I am working on a similar build in a 1590XX as well and literally just printed out each pedal's individual drill template and put it on the enclosure that way. The measurements of the XX are pretty close to a 125B pedal, so it all lined up pretty nicely. I know it's probably the more "primitive" solution, but it seemed way easier than trying to get all of the drill holes lined up perfectly in a program.

I did the same with a triple build a while ago. Given the extra space, it was pretty easy to fit everything in there even tho the whole weren’t perfectly aligned.

I've done this before Tayda's drill kit saved things. Split the enclosure in half and figure it out based on the dimensions in the datasheets on their website for the PCB enclosure types, then double check your work. Then triple check!

I always make my drill templates by drawing a box that's the dimensions of the face of the enclosure I'm using and importing the drill plan from the PDF. I always measure the actual face of the enclosure with a metal ruler so I'm only working with the flat face of the enclosure and not the beveled edge. It's usually like 2mm less on each side than the published dimensions

Since, you are using AI. You can open the PDF of each drill template from the build doc. Then you can paste them into single file and move them around. This is my process for all my enclosure art.

I like to use a 0.03'' circle 1 pt surrounded by a 0.09'' circle 1 pt as a punch marker for drilling.

I always make my drill templates by drawing a box that's the dimensions of the face of the enclosure I'm using and importing the drill plan from the PDF. I always measure the actual face of the enclosure with a metal ruler so I'm only working with the flat face of the enclosure and not the beveled edge. It's usually like 2mm less on each side than the published dimensions
Tayda’s enclosure template on their UV print page are quite helpful for that

I have to move this project to next week but I've taken all your recommendation and will put the template together. I'll post it once I'm done!

Thanks again!

Getting ready for my first double PCB in a 1590XX (King tone dualist / Soloist). Anyone would have a drill template for two single PedalPCB's mounted in a 1590XX?

I'll be designing my graphics in illustrator

If not, any advises would be welcome on how I should center the drill hole?
I'm doing both of those pedals but separately, about to post a build report for the King's Hand and a mod I did.

Back