Dual color LED wiring for Zeygot fuzz

Fama

Hello!

I'm trying to build https://moodysounds.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/zeygot-fuzz-kit-sve-2c.pdf (sorry, I asked for english instructions but got no answer) the Zeygot fuzz from Moodysounds. I'm using a latching footswitch for the noise function. But I would like to use a bi-color LED to indicate if the noise function has been toggled on or not.

Here's the wiring guide from the instructions:

1683098380609.png
I'm thinking I don't touch the sensor wiring, but rather wire the LED on a third pole of S2 (I got a 3DPT switch for it just in case I needed it for this).

I'm also obviously wiring the D1 (which is the on/off LED) off board. So could I tap the anode from that to S2 pin 8 and S2 pin 7 to another leg on the LED? That way I figure they share the same resistor from the board and I don't have to mess with that any further.

So to clarify, the anode from D1 would go to both leg A on the LED, and also S2, and from S2 there would be a wire to leg B on the LED. But will this also mean that S2 would light up the LED even if S1 is turned off? Because I'd rather only have let's say with the R/G LED I would have red LED when the pedal is on, and yellow when the noise function is enabled. No green color at all on it's own.

I think this would have been simpler if I had gotten common anode LED's, but mine are common cathode. RGB or red/green.

LED datasheet: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/datasheets/A-1103-B.pdf

Last edited:
I was impatient and wired it up like described. LED anode from the board to pin 8 on S2, and from pin 8 to red leg, and pin 7 to green leg. The issue is that when the LED is red, green or blue do not light up. I guess this is related to their forward voltages or something along those lines? Is there any easy way around this or should I just go for pin 7/9 instead for the color legs, so it's either red or green?

Edit: 390 ohm resistor on the red leg and now they both light up at the same time. Issue solved!

Last edited:
I was impatient and wired it up like described. LED anode from the board to pin 8 on S2, and from pin 8 to red leg, and pin 7 to green leg. The issue is that when the LED is red, green or blue do not light up. I guess this is related to their forward voltages or something along those lines? Is there any easy way around this or should I just go for pin 7/9 instead for the color legs, so it's either red or green?

Edit: 390 ohm resistor on the red leg and now they both light up at the same time. Issue solved!
It best practice to provide each led with its own CLR. Especially if you are going from one on to two on. Ohms law and stuff...

Back