Dual pedal: (independent + master) switch

Andrion

I'm planning an overdrive + boost in this exact scheme, with those exact same breakout boards (dual footswitch + order toggle)

but I would like to know how to turn the overdrive switch, in this case the circuit closer to the input jack (s1 - r1 on the order switch) into a master switch that will turn on/off both pedals independent if the boost it's on/off

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 3.58.53 PM.png
Sorry it's ugly (ignore all the blacked-out bits, of course, only pay attention to the red and white), but I *think* this should do what you want (someone please double-check me though).

The left foot switch is the master (hence why its outermost pads are hooked directly to the input and output jacks).

The "IN" and "OUT" pads of the left footswitch send to/return from the order switcher.

S1 and R1 go straight into the left circuit (since it's always "on" when the effect is on)

S2 and R2 go to the foot switch for the right circuit (I'm assuming the boost?)

Wired this way, it *does* mean that there's no way to use the boost by itself, but I think that's what you're going for? Like, you either want "overdrive" or "overdrive plus boost" and want to be able to punch either setting in with a single press mid-song, right?

View attachment 65034
Sorry it's ugly (ignore all the blacked-out bits, of course, only pay attention to the red and white), but I *think* this should do what you want (someone please double-check me though).

The left foot switch is the master (hence why its outermost pads are hooked directly to the input and output jacks).

The "IN" and "OUT" pads of the left footswitch send to/return from the order switcher.

S1 and R1 go straight into the left circuit (since it's always "on" when the effect is on)

S2 and R2 go to the foot switch for the right circuit (since that's the one you want to turn on/off independently)
Wow!!
thank you very much not only for helping me, but also for taking your time to draw it! it's perfect

That pretty much what I had in mind, was too busy to put it in clear words.
Only thing I would consider doing differently is maybe a star ground(single grounding point all circuit grounds converge to...

Back