Dynamic duo (Mach One & Obtuse Boost)

mybud

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
mach_one_innards.jpg

I'm aiming to house builds as I finish the respective boards. Here's the Mach One in a 1590B.

obtuse_innards.jpg
Next, the Obtuse Boost.

Fairly quick and easy builds as they go. Each has its own character and provides warm fuzzy goodness and plenty of gain when needed.

dynamic_duo.jpg

However, they aren't quite what I'm looking for, which is more of a clean boost/tone conditioning type thing as a front end for my impending bass combo pedal. Hence, I've breadboarded the various Echoplex-based preamp variants (Clandestine and Episode, which are more up my street, and sound beyond fab to my ears).

That said, these were worthy experiments and measuring and drilling the 1590B was good practice. Always a pleasure working on our esteemed constituent @Robert's boards. Thanks for reading as always and happy 2024 to all.

I'm aiming to house builds as I finish the respective boards.
This is a laudable goal. I unfortunately haven't figured out how to do this yet. I have several completed boards that have been sitting on the bench for weeks waiting on enclosures.

I have a large backlog of boards which I haven’t started yet. Just find that leaving half-done ones unhoused leads to problems, especially those where I’ve kludged missing PCB mount pots by replacing them with solder pots attached to the board with short lengths of wire 🤓

Back