Effect pedal units converted for rack effect set up for a synth?

Hey gang,

I've been making single and dual unit pedalpcb effects for the last year and a half and I'm absolutely obsessed. I'm consistently challenging myself with new ideas and recently had a friend ask about a rack set up. He's a synth wiz and plays in a band and asked if it was possible. Is this possible? I know the effect would require a L and R input and output to work with a synth ran through a rack effect set up.

I was wondering if anyone has resources or links that specifically relate to this type of conversion. Anyway, thanks!

Lotta stuff can be used for synth or guitar interchangeably...unless of course, it's a stereo setup like you mentioned.

Many mono effects could potentially be made stereo if one was to simply use two pcbs, one for each channel, and dual-gang potentiometers for the controls so the L/R signal paths could be kept separate.

Might be some consideration RE: impedance matching for line-level signals instead of guitar, but that's a bit beyond my scope of knowledge.

Otherwise, the bypass switch could just be a 3pdt mini toggle. Being able to control the effect with CV would be considerably more complicated, I can't really speak to that.

Being able to fit it all into a compact and clean eurorack format might be difficult. These are meant more for stompboxes than eurorack...but probably doable with some ingenuity.

Hey gang,

I've been making single and dual unit pedalpcb effects for the last year and a half and I'm absolutely obsessed. I'm consistently challenging myself with new ideas and recently had a friend ask about a rack set up. He's a synth wiz and plays in a band and asked if it was possible. Is this possible? I know the effect would require a L and R input and output to work with a synth ran through a rack effect set up.

I was wondering if anyone has resources or links that specifically relate to this type of conversion. Anyway, thanks!
There are places that have kits for building Eurorack stuff if that’s what you’re talking about… I made a fuzz module and some simple switching modules before…

Back