(Effects Layout) Super Pepperbox

Fuzzonaut

And one more:

I already made a Pepperbox, but as I ordered 2 of those PCBs I thought I'll make the second one with a clean blend (which Mr. Dunwich also did, the Super Volt Thrower) and while I was at it, I moved on of the trimpots to the outside. The other trimpot (Ruetz mod) I hardwired in my personal sweet spot.

I also moved the 2 LEDs of that clipping option into the graphics. They do their flickering when the Clip knob points torwards them, as in the picture.

SVT.jpeg

SVT-g.jpeg

Nice build! How do you like the sound? I have one of these in my "to-build" stash and was wondering if you had any thoughts/tips.

nice touch with the clipping diodes! killer build!
Thanks!

Nice build! How do you like the sound? I have one of these in my "to-build" stash and was wondering if you had any thoughts/tips.
That particular pedal has been sold and went on tour ...
The Pepperbox sounds great, but not like your typical rat, it has like .... more clarity? (or something). It can also do almost clean like preamp or boost tones.
If you're not set on a 125B, you could put the two filter trimpots on the outside, I'd say both do have more than just the one "set and forget" sweet spot.

Oh, and all this is coming from a bass player.

Pepperbox could be good in 1590B3.

B2 Size L x W x H — 4.40 in x 2.30 in x 1.48 in — 112 x 60 x 34
B3 Size L x W x H — 4.57 in x 3.03 in x 1.48 in — 116 x 77 x 34
N1 Size L x W x H — 4.75 in x 2.60 in x 1.60 in — 121 x 66 x 35

I'll probably go with 1590BB, still. That looks like what the OP used.

Last edited:
Thanks!

That particular pedal has been sold and went on tour ...
The Pepperbox sounds great, but not like your typical rat, it has like .... more clarity? (or something). It can also do almost clean like preamp or boost tones.
If you're not set on a 125B, you could put the two filter trimpots on the outside, I'd say both do have more than just the one "set and forget" sweet spot.

Oh, and all this is coming from a bass player.
Bass player's perspective is exactly what I want, thanks, maybe this will move this up the queue 😛

Back