Efflorescence Algale (Algal Bloom horizontal version)

SYLV9ST9R

This is the horizontal version of the Algal Bloom Modified (4 knobs instead of 6) on a PCB from Thomas at Fuzzhugger(FX).
The Algal Bloom is one of if not my favorite fuzz, and I like this stripped down layout. I decided not to put the high gain footswitch, as I mostly play in my basement and there's already enough volume on tap for me.
The Plecostomus was one of the first pedal I built and it's been on my board since. This revision sound even better, with so much sustain but with clarity and no noise.
Went with some Alphonse Mucha art to keep the feel of the AB.

C3C43CCA-E5FF-4E8F-B740-F094CE2CF0E1.jpeg 5EA8594B-7276-4AF9-958F-098DA673964F.jpeg

A big shout-out and huge thanks to @Barry who sent me the 2N5089 to insure great tones from this box (and the snazzy red led lens).
Also, it's pretty packed there, and the 9mm/16mm conversion breakout boards that @finebyfine sent me a while back that were put to good use here. I also had to file the lip of the backplate to accommodate the 3pdt board's pads close to the side, as they were shorting. But with that done, all good and it sounds killer.

Last edited:
Back