Electrovibe bypass charge pump and run from 18V supply??????

ynot

Is there any way to modify the electrovibe to run from an 18V power Pack and by pass the Charge pump? I saw another circuit for a vibe that had this option. I was wondering if it were possible with the electrovibe? After trying so many charge pumps and power supplies, I still get an annoying noise. I can get it to a low volume with a certain combination of charge pump and power supply but it is always there in one way or another! I believe if I can bypass the charge pump and run it from 18v, it SHOULD eliminate the noise?

The quick and easy way is to just pull out the charge pump IC.

Your LEDs will be brighter unless you increase the values of the current limiting resistors.

The quick and easy way is to just pull out the charge pump IC.

Your LEDs will be brighter unless you increase the values of the current limiting resistors.
Oh, I'm not sure I understand? Will it still work the same without the charge pump? If so, then why have the charge pump at all?

Last edited:
The charge pump doubles the 9V supply to 18V.

If you're planning on powering it directly from an 18V supply you don't need (or want) the charge pump IC installed.

Do not power it on anything above 9V with the charge pump installed.

The charge pump doubles the 9V supply to 18V.

If you're planning on powering it directly from an 18V supply you don't need (or want) the charge pump IC installed.

Do not power it on anything above 9V with the charge pump installed.
Ok, understood. Thank you so much.

Back