Electrovibe indicator led mods

The Gator

I dont remember how the original led above the speed switch worked.
Does one set of contacts on the speed switch decided whether it is on or not?

Sorry for the question. I'm working on an improved indicator light idea for my electrovibe (improved for my purpose anyway)
Thank you

I dont remember how the original led above the speed switch worked.
Does one set of contacts on the speed switch decided whether it is on or not?

Sorry for the question. I'm working on an improved indicator light idea for my electrovibe (improved for my purpose anyway)
Thank you
Have you checked out this thread?

This may be the mod you need "RateLED" https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/electrovibe-modifications-thread.8703/post-115182

Well I did the LFO LED mod on my build, along with adding a red/blue led indicator off an extra set of contacts on the chorus/ vibe switch.
I am going to combine all of it into two bicolor leds. One for each speed knob and the red/blue will indicate which chorus/vibe setting it is on. All of it powered of the LFO as well so that is indicating speed as well.
Of course cutting some traces on the speed switch will be required. The rest of it I believe I have figured out on a bread board using some tricolor common anode leds (not using the green) and switches.

I do appreciate the responses. I was just being lazy when I asked the question

Last edited:
Well I did the LFO LED mod on my build, along with adding a red/blue led indicator off an extra set of contacts on the chorus/ vibe switch.
I am going to combine all of it into two bicolor leds. One for each speed knob and the red/blue will indicate which chorus/vibe setting it is on. All of it powered of the LFO as well so that is indicating speed as well.
Of course cutting some traces on the speed switch will be required. The rest of it I believe I have figured out on a bread board using some tricolor common anode leds (not using the green) and switches.

I do appreciate the responses. I was just being lazy when I asked the question
Is it possible to see how you did the lfo thing with a picture?

I will look. I think I have an image of my version of the mod on the schematic.
It might actually already be posted in Big Monk's electrovibe modifications thread.
Which I consider the starting place for educating oneself on the subject.

I just did the mpsa13 switch for Q1 and Q2 and it just makes the light bulb stall... idk why
for the rest I went for the mpsa13 on the last Q, 3904's and the ledrate.

Back