engineers, would you trust this?

Would you trust this on the basis of whether you think its actually isolated in the sense of ground loops/hum/isolated output? Or if you think mains is likely to arc and mess it up etc..?

Attachments

• 81Migh+3aKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81Migh+3aKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 54
It's isolated in the sense that the positive side of each output is separate. It's not isolated in the sense that all of the grounds are tied together. Will probably work ok, but calling it "isolated" is a bit misleading. I bought a Caline CP-05 for $10 less. It works great, also has non-isolated grounds. Ground loops are theoretically possible with non-isolated grounds, but so far has not been a problem in my rig. I think the built-in plug strip is more of a gimmick than a useful feature. Having an external adapter is a little safer because a failure in the adapter is unlikely to propagate into the main unit.

I agree that the dubious part are the AC plugs since the seller was nice enough to share the internal part view.

Would you trust this on the basis of whether you think its actually isolated in the sense of ground loops/hum/isolated output? Or if you think mains is likely to arc and mess it up etc..?

I own one and the "neutral" on the ac outlet really isn't neutral just a hole. Ooops yours don't have the neutral hole on the AC outlet. I use at a psu when I troubleshot my pedals.

I own one of these and so far it has worked fine. For not being truly isolated, I haven't noticed any undue noise so far. I will see if that continues when I move next week....

I had one like this and had tons of ground hum. Ended up swapping it for two pricey isolated ones and never looked back.

Has anyone else ever thought "well if we just used 1 conductor patch cables and used the a daisy chain for the common ground none of this would be necessary" ?

Back