Faceplates from Amplifyfun

I tried to send my first file to Spencer the other day, he recommended using at least affinity designer. Honestly, I need to make sure I’m determined enough before I spend money on it. I’m using my laptop for designing and don’t have a tablet. Although I thought it was a one time purchase for laptops…

Anyways, when you used Spencer’s templates did they load into vectornator at 1:1 scale. I loaded the 125b svg template and it’s 2-3 times larger than a 125b. I had this issue in Inkscape as well.
I get it if you don’t want to buy the Affinity for your laptop. The iPad version is $10 one time cost. I have been able to use Vectornator to make suitable files for Spencer. As far as a free solution for the computer I don’t know where to go from there

Also I didn’t use his templates I did what BigMonk said and did it from scratch. There is a link that I found one of @dmnCrawler threads about Pedal Decals. His site has some great templates and icons in SVG and pdf format. Search Decals or search his name and it should come up

I get it if you don’t want to buy the Affinity for your laptop. The iPad version is $10 one time cost. I have been able to use Vectornator to make suitable files for Spencer. As far as a free solution for the computer I don’t know where to go from there

Also I didn’t use his templates I did what BigMonk said and did it from scratch. There is a link that I found one of @dmnCrawler threads about Pedal Decals. His site has some great templates and icons in SVG and pdf format. Search Decals or search his name and it should come up

One of the advantages I’ve found of having a legit graphic design program are the advanced measure tools.

I tried a lot of free stuff before doing a trial of (and eventually purchasing) Corel Draw. The downfall, consistently, of these frequently used and free programs was the lack of a decent measurement tool.

All my design work goes in a single cdr file: graphics, hardware layer, Tayda drill layer, etc.

One of the advantages I’ve found of having a legit graphic design program are the advanced measure tools.

I tried a lot of free stuff before doing a trial of (and eventually purchasing) Corel Draw. The downfall, consistently, of these frequently used and free programs was the lack of a decent measurement tool.

All my design work goes in a single cdr file: graphics, hardware layer, Tayda drill layer, etc.
This is a good point and that’s why I’m probably going to buy Affinity at this point

Thanks for the advice. I’ll start by trying to use my own template and also use the wealth of info that @dmnCrawler provided.

If I find more uses for using a designer I’ll probably buy something, while I have some ideas it’s currently only for pedal layouts

Thanks for the advice. I’ll start by trying to use my own template and also use the wealth of info that @dmnCrawler provided.

If I find more uses for using a designer I’ll probably buy something, while I have some ideas it’s currently only for pedal layouts
If you’re using Vectornator download and import dmncrawler’s templates as SVG not pdf. Works way better. I made a worksheet that has all his templates and I just copy and paste whatever I need to start my next design. Made this for an Informant I made for a buddy a while ago and didn’t do any graphics for it at the time.

Attachments

• 6A0B94BD-070C-476C-B3D0-AA39E9938BB4.png
    6A0B94BD-070C-476C-B3D0-AA39E9938BB4.png
    455.4 KB · Views: 20
Back