Fat Rat mod

DimitriyDzyuba

Hello everyone!
I'm new to this community, so I hope this is a good place to ask this...

Basically, I recently bought a Joyo Splinter distortion pedal, which is a essentially a clone of a Fat Rat with minor mods. I like the sound of the pedal, but it sounds a bit lacking in the treble department to me, even with the filter control maxed out. I mostly want to use the pedal for metal and heavy rock, so I want it to have a bit more bite to it.

So now I'm wondering if it's possible to mod the pedal to add a treble control or boost to the circuit. I'm fairly new to pedal building and modding, so if anyone could offer any advice I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone!
I'm new to this community, so I hope this is a good place to ask this...

Basically, I recently bought a Joyo Splinter distortion pedal, which is a essentially a clone of a Fat Rat with minor mods. I like the sound of the pedal, but it sounds a bit lacking in the treble department to me, even with the filter control maxed out. I mostly want to use the pedal for metal and heavy rock, so I want it to have a bit more bite to it.

So now I'm wondering if it's possible to mod the pedal to add a treble control or boost to the circuit. I'm fairly new to pedal building and modding, so if anyone could offer any advice I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance.
Keeping the switches on stock is a start. The filter switch is actually a treble cut, so maxing that helps. The fat is a bass boost and the mosfet clipping makes it a bit warmer. Switching the clipping diodes to LEDs may give you what you’re looking for. It will reduce the compression and open it up a bit.

Thanks for the reply! I do have the switches on stock, and while it does give the pedal a bit of grit, it's still not quite there for me.

I like the idea of replacing the stock diode with a LED, and now my question is, which of the dioses should I replace? I can see three of them, as seen in the image I attached, so if you could help with that I would really appreciate it! Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_182808.jpg
    IMG_20230715_182808.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for the reply! I do have the switches on stock, and while it does give the pedal a bit of grit, it's still not quite there for me.

I like the idea of replacing the stock diode with a LED, and now my question is, which of the dioses should I replace? I can see three of them, as seen in the image I attached, so if you could help with that I would really appreciate it! Thanks again
D2 and D3

Back