Fuzz Foundry but without the fuzz...

ericsinsideout

I just wrapped up 2 Fuzz Foundry PCBs, one for me and one for a bandmate, but neither of them seem to be working right. The controls all seem to do something, but sound is very weak, there's next to no fuzz and everything has to be cranked to max just to get a little breakup and reach unity. Overall, the build is simple and everything on there is exactly what the doc called for with the only exception of the germanium transistors (swapped the AC128 for BC109).

Any tips on how I can get this thing blowing out some windows?

Solution
I just wrapped up 2 Fuzz Foundry PCBs, one for me and one for a bandmate, but neither of them seem to be working right. The controls all seem to do something, but sound is very weak, there's next to no fuzz and everything has to be cranked to max just to get a little breakup and reach unity. Overall, the build is simple and everything on there is exactly what the doc called for with the only exception of the germanium transistors (swapped the AC128 for BC109).

The BC109 is an NPN transistor. Try swapping in a 2N3906 in each of those slots.

The BC109 is an NPN transistor. Try swapping in a 2N3906 in each of those slots.

Solution
Back