Game over man, game over

Stickman393

So, I didn't sleep last night and figured in my infinite wisdom that this would be a great day to explore a circuit that I wanted to fuck around with a little.

I've been curious as to the HT8950'S potential as a voice changer on...you know...voice.

The good news is that I was able to get the circuit to operate with a LM384 amp IC and a little speaker. The bad news was that the signal to noise ratio was....well...inverted.

Huh.

Sooooooooooo...I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Like, most of the time actually. Woohoo... IMG_20220102_210618_copy_1548x2064.jpg

Nah, that was the last portion that I added before the big thing with the second mouth that comes out of its first mouth decided to carry me upstairs and lull me to sleep with the sounds of the screams of my enemies.

My dreams are weird, man.

I got the whole circuit working in a couple of configurations...sorta. Once using the internal mic preamp on the holtek, another time with a simple opamp buffer feeding the input.

Lots of noise from somewhere around the Holtek IC, though. Damn thing would just keep putting out a modulated signal, even when talking into thee little board mount condenser microphone that I had plugged into the circuit. It worked, though, got everywhere from LOLOMGROBOSATAN to "if you didn't want earth to be demolished, you could have very well gone to alpha centuri and filed a complaint to the committee regarding the location of the new hyperspace bypass"

Which, kinda explains the thread title. Now that I think of it.

The opamp portion on this iteration is a balanced-to-unbalanced signal buffer that I decided to fuck around with...plugged my trusty SM58 that I've had since I was a teenager in. Didn't quite work though. No noise, no signal. Didn't spend much time beyond that point, cause of the aforementioned sounds of abject horror lulling me to sleep I mentioned earlier.

Anywho...fun times. Maybe I'll mess around with it a bit more when I get home from that thing that I've committed my life to that keeps on leeching out my life force in exchange for currency...

Reactions: fig
Aite, so I figure it's probably a good idea to actually...you know...make sure each part of the circuit works first

So...LM384 amplifier, got it working. Simple op amp preamp, go it working.

Granted, I had to try like, I dunno, four preamp different circuits till I found one that worked with the sm58. Combination user error and like...shit, I dunno.

Now, gonna build up that holtek circuit.

Back