Ge PNP pinout

DAJE

I only have ex-Soviet Bloc transistors and I'm aware that the pinout can be different and confusing with those - no problem; I can easily identify which leg is which.

What I'm having trouble grasping is which hole is which on the PCB (the Gnat in this case). It's supposed to be for NKT213 trannies, and I am not finding any reliable information about the pinout thereof. Seems to me that some people are saying it's EBC and others CBE. I've looked at the schematic and I can't tell which goes where because the more I look the more I can't tell what I'm looking at and which way around it's supposed to be.

So I give up. Just tell me which way is correct: pink or blue.

Attachments

• Gnated.jpg
    Gnated.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 8
the leg corresponding to the little tab is connected to ground on the rightmost transistor. We can see in the schematic that the emitter or q3 is the only transistor leg anywhere in the circuit that connects directly to ground, which means the tab indicates the emitter. The collector of q3 connects to a 15k resistor, which checks out via the PCB, so we can confirm that the pink is the correct pinout!

the leg corresponding to the little tab is connected to ground on the rightmost transistor. We can see in the schematic that the emitter or q3 is the only transistor leg anywhere in the circuit that connects directly to ground, which means the tab indicates the emitter. The collector of q3 connects to a 15k resistor, which checks out via the PCB, so we can confirm that the pink is the correct pinout!
Thank you. I'm trying, but I fear I'm just not built for understanding anything beyond simple connections. My skills are in other areas.

Back