Genuine parts source- ICL8038 and BC560

Giorfida

Finished up my parts orders and still have 2 parts that I can’t find in the normal places
ICL8038 - (Vibrobot) Jameco and EBay? Chances of either of those being real vs fake?
BC560 - found the (5) BC550 for the Byzantium Flanger, but the 1 BC560 seems elusive. Chances I’ll actually get authentic part on eBay? Hate getting killed on shipping but am ok with it if I know it’s real vs fake.

Finished up my parts orders and still have 2 parts that I can’t find in the normal places
ICL8038 - (Vibrobot) Jameco and EBay? Chances of either of those being real vs fake?
BC560 - found the (5) BC550 for the Byzantium Flanger, but the 1 BC560 seems elusive. Chances I’ll actually get authentic part on eBay? Hate getting killed on shipping but am ok with it if I know it’s real vs fake.
When the only place you can find them is on Amazon and EBay, chances are they're fake. I'd say you have a better chance on EBay, but if you do buy ICs on EBay, check the seller's rating and the feedback. There are legit sellers with hard to find parts on EBay, but there are a lot of fakes with fake reviews too. If @Robert has one for you, that's your safest bet.

When the only place you can find them is on Amazon and EBay, chances are they're fake. I'd say you have a better chance on EBay, but if you do buy ICs on EBay, check the seller's rating and the feedback. There are legit sellers with hard to find parts on EBay, but there are a lot of fakes with fake reviews too. If @Robert has one for you, that's your safest bet.
I’ll always support the legit small businesses that are the cornerstone of the diy community As such, I’ll always choose folks like Robert and Cusack over random eBay dude all day every day

Thank you for the heads up!
Just wish I would have seen this before making my orders. May have to delay or use the 2n3906 though- can’t justify $10 shipping on a $0.03 part 🤣😂

Edit: of course, in typical fashion, day after i make orders, i end up with a folloup order as i forgot a few things, and knowing I'll add a board or 2 when Robert has the ICL8038 up for sale :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back