Getting Started With Daisy Seed

Jchasenichols

Hello. I have built the Terrarium and I am running through the setup of the daisy seed that is provided from Electro-smith to install Git Bash and VS Code to get examples and blink the Seed. I am not sure if this is necessary but I didn't know where to start. I am getting an error when I try to "run task" >"build and program dfu"..
>>>
No such file or directory: Could not open file build/Blink.bin for reading
make: *** [../../libDaisy/core/Makefile:289: program-dfu] Error 74
The terminal process "C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command make clean; make; make program-dfu" terminated with exit code: 1.

Do I even need to do this? What is the first step after building the Terrarium and attaching the Seed? I want to load an example from this forum like the Rhythmic delay but I don't know where to start. Do i need to have a folder with certain libraries in it? If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
Chase

you can use the online flasher and install already-built bin files without creating a build environment on your computer.

I've been using the arduino setup 'SeedDuino' using the directions provided by ElectroSmith with some success . You would then also need the "Terrarium.h" file to get the pin definitions for the Terrarium board.

Back