Good, cheap (I know oxymoron) oscilloscope suggestions

Locrian99

Hey guys.

I need a scope. I bought one of the alinexpress ones and well meh. I want something with a regular sized screen that will be able to be secure etc.

This just got delivered today, I plan on trying it and abusing mr bezos’s return policy. Cause we’ll fuck em 😀.
FNIRSI 1014D Oscilloscope 2 in 1 Digital Oscilloscope DDS Signal Generator, 100X High Voltage Probe, 2 Channels 100Mhz Bandwidth 1GSa/s Sampling Rate Built-in 1GB Storage Space https://a.co/d/3us5D5d

That’s really near the top ish of where I’d like to be price wise as I won’t be using it a ton but I will need it for the occasional amp.

Any other recommendations out there?

I’m open to used one that commonly pop up in the bay as well if there’s a model out there

Thx

Time to dig up the past as I’m in the same boat. Had a couple of nice ones over the years but sold them after my business closed and I got a “real
Job”, then went through a divorce and needed the $$
Looking to add one that won’t break the bank, is somewhat compact since I don’t have a dedicated bench, and quite honestly I won’t use it all the time, but want something a bit better than the $20 Temu kit scope

I have a FNIRSI DPOX180H (I bought it for $40 less than it's on Amazon for now, though) that's decent enough for my needs. It's the only similar form factor one I could find that had FFT. Just assume any FNIRSI or similar Chinese branded ones at that price point really have 1/2 the listed bandwidth - which is still way past the bounds of the audio frequency but might complicate working with digital clocking and timing.

Keysight, Instek and Siglent are all good budget brands. Honestly, damn near any current production scope will suffice for this hobby. I use an old analog Tektronix. For clocks, my fluke measures frequency.
When the Tek dies, or before, I'll probably go with a used Analog Discovery setup.

I have a FNIRSI DPOX180H (I bought it for $40 less than it's on Amazon for now, though) that's decent enough for my needs. It's the only similar form factor one I could find that had FFT. Just assume any FNIRSI or similar Chinese branded ones at that price point really have 1/2 the listed bandwidth - which is still way past the bounds of the audio frequency but might complicate working with digital clocking and timing.
Definitely the price range I’m looking at! I can also assume the ones they have of larger form factor are also as good. Eyes ain’t what they used to be!

Keysight, Instek and Siglent are all good budget brands. Honestly, damn near any current production scope will suffice for this hobby. I use an old analog Tektronix. For clocks, my fluke measures frequency.
When the Tek dies, or before, I'll probably go with a used Analog Discovery setup.
Good suggestions but 2x-4x my budget. I’m not doing this as a full time job where I can write it off (nor justify it to my accountant err wife lol), but I’ll keep my eyes open- never know when one like that can show up in pawn etc

Back