GOTA/Sheepy Love Squishy

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
A while back, I posted a build report for madbean's oracle, his take on the CS3. I had mentioned that I was building it as a tribute to Juan Alderete who famously uses the cs2. @Guardians of the analog was extremely generous and sent me one of his squishy boards that he collaborated on with @szukalski so thank you to both of you. This thing is great.

It definitely sounds a little different, smoother than the cs3. I don't miss the tone knob at all, I had been leaving the tone knob wide open anyway and it's still just a little darker than the squishy. They're unsurprisingly similar pedals yet they are different enough to warrant building both. They excel at being more of an obvious squash than a subtle "always on" comp. I have yet to take it to a full volume rehearsal so we'll see if it can dethrone my engineers thumb this weekend.

So I wanted to reference GOTA on my enclosure. Sheepy Love felt like words one shouldn't put into an AI art prompt... Reminded me of a time when a friend had a birthday while we were touring with an orchestra. Some of us sneaked away to a small town naughty shop and got him an inflatable "fully functional" inflatable sheep called the Lovin' Lamb. There was a button near the ummm...... functional part that gave a nice loud "baaaa!" The look on the guys face that was working there was amazing when I walked up with three women and bought a solitary f@#%able sheep.

I figured Juan Alderete puts the Mexican flag all over his gear so I went with a Mexican Marvel character. We have Kaiju sized Ghost Rider (Reyes) playing bass at Satan's Quinceañera. I used a SBP teridium enclosure, pretty cool textured finish. It's also fun for me that my most metal looking pedal is a CS-2.

Another shout out in the box, I did the j201 smd adapter "Bucky style." I've said it before but the talent and generosity displayed by this community is astounding. There's no place like the forum.
Screenshot_20231207_213506_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231207_213521_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231207_213540_Gallery.jpg
I usually just put the date on the lid but this one got a little extra nod to the GOTA. It's hard to see after all the nonsense I did to this image but there's a flaming bouncy castle in the background.

Last edited:
Great job all around on this one. Really cool to see these being used over all the fancy boutique stuff. The graphics are awesome and the build is clean, couldn't ask for anything else. I'm glad I could get this to you and have you enjoy it, as I'm sure Dave feels the same way.

Back