grand orbiter

djmiyta

Can anyone post their working voltages for the grand orbiter. Mine still only phases by manually turning the sweep pot. It's so close. noticed and odd thing. when turning te sweep pot my finger touched the range switch which gave it a noticeable jump in the effect's effect.

Sorry I’ve been in limbo hell. I just ordered some 13700’s should be hear next day or two. Definitely got my fingers crossed. I have a couple other pedals with working ones but they’re old builds early in my build history and feel messing with either could create a problem (stupidly no sockets). I’ll post as soon as I get em in. Apologize again for leaving you hanging because I really do appreciate your help and input.

Well I finally got more 13700's. Swapped out IC3 and still the same with one small twist when switched to vibrato mode the sweep pot acts and sounds as it does in phase position unless this is normal function when in both positions.

If the problem is not bad parts then it can only be one other thing.
Coming back to this one AGAIN|
I'm hoping Chuck D. Bones has a minute
So you mentioned if R28-30 is off I'm sure you meant the resistor value my question is ( I used the 1% resistors) how off is tolerable? It's been so long now so I'll probably yank out one end to actually test their value and rereading this post I don't remember if I tried you're very 1st suggestion about lifting an end on R33. I'm gonna assume I didn't. So IF by chance that is or was the problem is there a solution or do I just keep that end lifted?
And lastly you said "If the problem is not bad parts then it can only be one other thing."
I can think of a few but I'm curious what you think that one other thing is. I would definitely like to know your thoughts. Much respect to all you contribute and the time you spend helping me and others in a big way (even if I still don't fully understand what it is you're saying)

So I'm gonna give this build another troubleshooting session. Would audio probing help in any way? I can't really see how if we're troubleshooting the LFO but I know very little in way of troubleshooting is why I ask.

Thanks again for all your help

Back