HAARP Tap Tempo?

Hi Folks! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm looking to make a HAARP (EQD Arpanoid), but have found in the past this design can be a little hard to sync up with other devices without any tap tempo or CV in to control the rate so it can be in time with a band/other time based effects. I know it's possible to run tap tempo with an FV-1 but was not sure if there's a way to alter the code on the EEPROMs from Pedalpcb or if they're locked in there, or if there's any other roadblocks to getting it done? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

There’s a few threads around here on FV-1 and tap tempo application. From what I understand the fv-1 only has a set amount of instructions per algorithm. In the context of delay, the tap tempo code would take up much of the available code. Leaving only a basic sounding delay. I don’t know how complicated the harps code is, but there’s a chance that it wouldn’t be able to add code to it.
Here’s a link to implement tap tempo in a delay.

Another option is using a micro controller. From what I understand that’s what the walrus arp 87 uses. But I don’t know how it’s implemented.

The Daisy seed would be a good platform for future digital applications. So when more projects are developed for that platform maybe we’ll see a tap tempo arpeggiator.

There’s a few threads around here on FV-1 and tap tempo application. From what I understand the fv-1 only has a set amount of instructions per algorithm. In the context of delay, the tap tempo code would take up much of the available code. Leaving only a basic sounding delay. I don’t know how complicated the harps code is, but there’s a chance that it wouldn’t be able to add code to it.
Here’s a link to implement tap tempo in a delay.

Another option is using a micro controller. From what I understand that’s what the walrus arp 87 uses. But I don’t know how it’s implemented.

The Daisy seed would be a good platform for future digital applications. So when more projects are developed for that platform maybe we’ll see a tap tempo arpeggiator.
Thanks!! Makes sense - the relative complexity of an arpeggiator would likely leave little room for tap tempo code. I'll look into seeing how it can be implemented externally, but I may be a little out of my depth there.
Thanks!

I’ve had the same thought, I figured it could be something that I could learn how to do. But then the Daisy seed came out… and I changed my mind. I can wait for a Daisy seed project to be released.

Back