Has anyone tried Z-DSP cards plugged into a PedalPCB project?

LukeFRC

I was looking at some Reverb pedals, and realised the Neunaber pedals I liked were built on FV1
So started looking at some other reverbs and found some nice sounding things on the Z-DSP platform.... I then saw on some modular synth forum where they had decoded the pins on the cards to use in other FV1 platforms...

wonder if you can do the same with a Binaura build or similar?

The one downside is that the cards aren't cheap and by the time I've built a build, bug fixed it, bought the cards and got it to work I might as well have just bought the original Neunaber pedal I wanted in the first place! :D

Have any links?
There's now way the Illumine is fv-1 based. If it is, they really pushed the limits of the chip.

Of course being diy @ClippyTheDiode already made something similar

I could be wrong, but I think the Z-DSP carts have an extra EEPROM onboard to store text information about the algorithms.
(Program/parameter name, etc)

Aside from that, FV-1 binary data is FV-1 binary data. As long as the signal path / control set can accommodate, it should work.

However, there are of course legal aspects involved in dumping/using/distributing the data from the EEPROM.

I could be wrong, but I think the Z-DSP carts have an extra EEPROM onboard to store text information about the algorithms.
(Program/parameter name, etc)

Aside from that, FV-1 binary data is FV-1 binary data. As long as the signal path / control set can accommodate, it should work.

However, there are of course legal aspects involved in dumping/using/distributing the data from the EEPROM.
The aemodular forum link above is someone working out to separate the ins and outs of the fv1 and the text EEPROM

I wasn’t thinking of copying EEPROM data, and there’s probably a different forum where people do that , before seeing how much they cost I was thinking of buying a few of the cards and using them.

The only one really eyebrow raising good is the “Halls of Valhalla” and I respect that company too much to rip their work despite significant professional curiosity.

The only one really eyebrow raising good is the “Halls of Valhalla” and I respect that company too much to rip their work despite significant professional curiosity.
It was that and the Valhalla shimmer I was interested in. - and the option of making up own cards - But… for £70 each it’s a bit prohibitively expensive for me

On a related note, I was able to read 2 programs (chorus and vibe) from my JHS 3 Series Chorus pedal and run them on my Arachnid.

Back