hello, my question is whether when buying through the page an EPROM, for FV-1, can the backup code be used and used in a new one?

Stay_114

hola, mi pregunta es si al comprar a través de la página una EPROM, para FV-1, ¿se puede usar y usar el código de respaldo en uno nuevo? ¿Es la EPROM de código abierto, también se puede modificar en el diseñador spincad?

Sorry I have to answer in English, my Spanish isn't very good :p the data on an EEPROM is a hex file, which can be copied onto another EPROM. But hex files cannot be modified in spincad, because they aren't in a format spincad will understand.

You can put the hex file in SPINASM language using a decompiler. (Google “fv-1 decompiler”)

then you can modify the code or save it onto other eeproms. I have done this with pedalpcb patches.

SpinCAD won’t read the files though.

It is possible to import a hex file into a patch slot of a SpinCAD bank. When you do that, it only takes the first patch from the hex. If you have a hex file with 8 patches in it and you want the 3rd one, then you have to trim the first two out of the hex file. It may take some effort on your part to figure out how to do this. Also, I never tested it with different format HEX files so not sure if it will work with different arrangements. It does not disassemble or anything like that. It just lets you put those bytes into a slot of a SpinCAD bank along with patches you made yourself in SpinCAD.

Back