Informant - Get bypass but nothing when on. LED does work

D1chotomy

Hello again,

I just completed this informant the other night and was super stoked to see that it lit up immediately when plugging it in. You get bypass tone when it is not engaged but once you click the switch there is absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter whether power is applied or not, it behaves the same way. Here are some pictures, is there anything obvious I have missed? Let me know if I can provide better pics. Bypass works, but dead silence when engaged. LED does light when power is applied.

Attachments

• Informant1.png
    Informant1.png
    888.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Informant2.png
    Informant2.png
    864.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Informant3.png
    Informant3.png
    956.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Informant4.png
    Informant4.png
    964.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Informant5.png
    Informant5.png
    960.5 KB · Views: 14
To me, all your 2M2 resistor color bands look like red-red-black-gold-brown, which would be 22ohms. So check that out. That would basically short your signal to ground or vref at several spots, which would explain why you have no sound.

To me, all your 2M2 resistor color bands look like red-red-black-gold-brown, which would be 22ohms. So check that out. That would basically short your signal to ground or vref at several spots, which would explain why you have no sound.

I'm so incredibly dumb. Thanks for spotting that. You're right, I just moved too fast as usual. Man, this one really stings. Here's what I used for each 2m2 resistor. This is going to be so difficult getting them all out and then soldered back in... ugh.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• 2.2Ohm_resistor.png
    2.2Ohm_resistor.png
    668.5 KB · Views: 17
I'm so incredibly dumb. Thanks for spotting that. You're right, I just moved too fast as usual. Man, this one really stings. Here's what I used for each 2m2 resistor. This is going to be so difficult getting them all out and then soldered back in... ugh.

Thanks again.
And that is why I measure with DVM before installing

Back