Is there a good sub for BA282 diode or can I use 2 diodes in series to get similar Vf=0.81V ( King Tone PCBs )

Pedalhacker is where I got my BA282s, but as mentioned above get em at Small Bear for much cheaper. They were out of stock forever but have them now.

I am looking to build the Kings Hand Overdrive & the Lone King Overdrive and was looking at the BOM and saw the BA282 diode.
This is the first build that I have had that uses these diodes.
In the one BOM it stated that the forward voltage equal to 0.81V ( Vf = 0.81V )
1. Is there a good substitute for the BA282 that has a Vf = 0.81V?
2. Can I sub 2 other diodes in series to come close to that 0.81V?
Thanks for any help.

I bought 10 or so 1N456 diodes for an Ampeg Scrambler project from small bear and they were all around Vf = 0.8 v

Anyone after BA282s should head to smallbear pronto. They have them back in stock at $0.25 which is over a dollar less for each diode than pedalhacker is currently trying to knock them out for.
Oh that’s annoying. I just ordered some yesterday from cricklewood electronics that were definitely not that cheap.

Oh that’s annoying. I just ordered some yesterday from cricklewood electronics that were definitely not that cheap.
Ouch dude I saw those at cricklewood when I was having a look for some myself. I'm just stocking up I still have some left from the batch I bought from diyguitarpedals.com.au back in 2015 when they were about 10c each.

You're not very far away from me Jamie shoot me a message if you're after anymore mojotastic diodes etc I have a pretty big stash. Also if you need anymore ba282s you can get some from my smallbear order if you want. I ordered 80 when I saw how cheap they were.

I did a shoot out a few nights ago between ba282 and ma858 in my recent KoT build and definitely preferred the ba282s.

Ouch dude I saw those at cricklewood when I was having a look for some myself. I'm just stocking up I still have some left from the batch I bought from diyguitarpedals.com.au back in 2015 when they were about 10c each.

You're not very far away from me Jamie shoot me a message if you're after anymore mojotastic diodes etc I have a pretty big stash. Also if you need anymore ba282s you can get some from my smallbear order if you want. I ordered 80 when I saw how cheap they were.

I did a shoot out a few nights ago between ba282 and ma858 in my recent KoT build and definitely preferred the ba282s.
Thanks!!
Have you made your small bear order yet @SillyOctpuss ? I was after a A1M dual gang from small bear but can’t face $25 delivery when I only need one part.

Thanks!!
Have you made your small bear order yet @SillyOctpuss ? I was after a A1M dual gang from small bear but can’t face $25 delivery when I only need one part.
I'm afraid so. I put my order through last night before noticing this thread.

It might be worth our while combining orders for smallbear etc in future to cut down on some of the shipping/import costs etc?

I'm afraid so. I put my order through last night before noticing this thread.

It might be worth our while combining orders for smallbear etc in future to cut down on some of the shipping/import costs etc?
Yeah no worries. That sounds like a good idea.

I also just had a look in my stash and I only have 100kb and 250kb in dual pots at the minute. Bitsbox have started doing a lot of dual gang pots but they only have B1M at the minute.

Back