SOLVED Issue with tracking on Clari(not) clone

neiltheseal

Hey everyone.

I have put together this modified version of the Mif-fi Clari(not) but I seem to be having issues with the tracking on the LFO/LED.

Everything seems to work as it should, however the LED only lights up when the 1k tracking pot is fully counter clockwise. The LED will not light up if I turn the tracking pot clockwise at all

I assume this means that at 0 resistance it works but if there is any resistance at all it will not.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be?

My schematic is below. As I said, everything else seems to work fine, just the LED only lights up when Fully CCW.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 10.56.05 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 10.56.05 pm.png
    350.2 KB · Views: 17
I messed with this a bit on my breadboard using my Clarinot. I couldn’t get it to work correctly pulling from both lm386 at the input not sure why. I got it to work well by connecting the input of the LED driving lm386 to pin 5 on the audio driving lm386 and disconnecting pins 1 and 8 on the led driving lm386.

I messed with this a bit on my breadboard using my Clarinot. I couldn’t get it to work correctly pulling from both lm386 at the input not sure why. I got it to work well by connecting the input of the LED driving lm386 to pin 5 on the audio driving lm386 and disconnecting pins 1 and 8 on the led driving lm386.
Thanks. I’ll give this a go.

Back