IT’S A BUILD REPORT! RUN! (MBP Chaos Agent)

Diynot

So this is not so much a showcase for a circuit (grudgingly cool though it may be) as it is a moment for me to share some (admittedly biased) cool pedal artwork done by my daughter. The artwork, hand painted in acrylic
IMG_4431.jpeg IMG_4435.jpeg IMG_4433.jpeg IMG_4437.jpeg IMG_4432.jpeg IMG_4436.jpeg
So, as far as the circuit, as stated, this is the MBP Chaos Agent which is an NPN f*zz f*ctory. I for the longest time was very ambivalent towards building one of these. Not sure why, but decided maybe it was time. Aight, “cloning”, although not a clone being an NPN version, drama aside, this is a fun circuit. Fat, juicy fuzz face tones all the way through Velcro screeching. I used 2n2222 for q1+2 and a 2n3904 in q3 hfe range from 148-256. And yes, yes I did use a 10mm LED because what else would I use it for? As far as labels…I decided so long as I remember which is the volume knob, I’m good. Anyways, this is one of a whole slew of builds I have done lately, but none of the others were aesthetically deserving of build reports as of yet, maybe one day. Either way, if you haven’t built one of these, you should. Good bang for the buck.

Impressive work !

I also use acrylic on my builds, so I know how much time and efforts it can take to do this. Very talented indeed !

The contrast between the crazy sounds coming from this amazing circuit, and the peaceful flowers on the enclosure... I guess there is a joke intended ? It's a camouflaged trap meant to punish hippies ?

Last edited:
Impressive work !

I also use acrylic on my builds, so I know how much time and efforts it can take to do this. Very talented indeed !

The contrast between the crazy sounds coming from this amazing circuit, and the peaceful flowers on the enclosure... I guess there is a joke intended ? It's a camouflaged trap meant to punish hippies ?
Considering it’s a heavily modded Fuzz Face to begin with I think a bit of flower power is fitting. I think Hendrix would have approved. OR maybe it could be a social commentary piece and I call it “Kent State”. The juxtaposition of a peaceful hippy gathering with the brutality of the national guard attack.

Back