Kliché Mini - Minimalist Build

Dirty_Boogie

Been a while since I've built with PedalPCB boards - they're too easy - I like to fight with vero! ;) Anyway, after the trouble I described in the Troubleshooting forum with my Glory Hole (ouch! - someone had to say that!) - I figured I'd redeem myself with a Klone build last night. This Kliché Mini really is well laid out. I try to fit PedalPCB boards in 1590B enclosures whenever possible, but this was definitely a 125B fit. I had a compact DPDT footswitch at the bottom of my drawer (accidentally ordered a while ago) so this was a perfect switch to use for this build. I'm never a fan of using stomp switch daughter boards, so this did the trick.

A few things still to decide on... I bought the pointy knobs to use with this build, but I think I like the large serrated knobs better. That's what's on there now, but pic for comparison. Also, loving the Tayda "hammered copper" finish, but my dilemma is how to label the thing. Can't use a waterslide because of the texture. Ideally, a laser engraver for the labels and logo, but don't have access to one. Any suggestions?

Sound-wise, it sounds super. Obviously don't have a Centaur to compare it to, but with equivalent settings to my EHX Soul Food, it was really close. Maybe a little more compressed at higher gain settings, but I wouldn't use it like that anyway - gain on a Klon-style is always less than 50% for me. I cracked one of my two remaining 1N34A Ge diodes when installing, so used two 1N270 Ge diodes instead (socketed, so might try others in the future). Forward voltages were around 0.34V, so that was where it needed to be. Anyway, here it is..

IMG_3600.JPEG
IMG_3602.JPEG

IMG_3607.JPEG
IMG_3606.JPEG

I ordered a faceplate for my dung beetle that has a hammered copper enclosure. When I get that in I’ll post a picture

A few things still to decide on... I bought the pointy knobs to use with this build, but I think I like the large serrated knobs better. That's what's on there now, but pic for comparison. Also, loving the Tayda "hammered copper" finish, but my dilemma is how to label the thing. Can't use a waterslide because of the texture. Ideally, a laser engraver for the labels and logo, but don't have access to one. Any suggestions?
Get a Sign shop to cut 12 each Vinyl Letters with Volume, Gain, Treble, Drive, Fuzz, Bass, Mids in Black & White & you should be Good to go!

IMG_36022.jpg
How far do you want to go!?
IMG_360222.jpg

Last edited:
Back