Kliché Mini

jhaneyzz

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Kliché Mini build for a friend.

It sounds like a klon.... It sounds exactly like a klon.... because it IS a klon... are we all clear on that point?

I really recommend this build for a few reasons.
  1. It's a klon...
  2. If you don't haven't tried a klon style pedal at the front of your board, just stop soldering and order one right now. it is absolutely the best pedal to push another pedal, or a lot of pedals with.
  3. This is an excellent version of the k circuit. sounds exactly like my other klonish pedals, makes the same sounds as my Tumnus Deluxe. Frankly, the full 3 band ex of the Tumnus deluxe isnt really that useful and I NEVER use the high gain switch. It doesn't really do much, and you don't use a klon for high gain anyway.
  4. BTW, this thing makes tube-based drive pedals freaking SING!
  5. Mechanically, it is just a great layout. Plenty of room available in the box at top and bottom for creative enclosure shenanigans. (which is kinda my jam)
  6. Top mounted jacks, so I can fit more goodies on the board.

Notes on creative additions.
  • Version 3.0 of ferric chloride etching process. still cooking it a little too long I think.
  • Red, translucent (not transparent) marble for jewel. Used a crazy bright White LED from Mouser. 48,000 mcd vs usual 8-10k mcb LED. used bare mininum 300ohm CLR for max brightness. worked like a charm
  • Sexy, serrated washer
  • I'm finally almost out of green polys but there is a cap-sandwich in the socket there.

IMG_6755.jpg

IMG_6756.jpg
©

Back