Kliche Mini on my PPCB Anniversary

geoffrey

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I just realized that today is the 1st anniversary of my first post on this forum, which was just a mere few weeks after my first successful build. Hard to believe the crazy number of pedals I've built over this past year alone. That said, for every day I feel like I'm actually good at this there are 10 more where I feel like I'm a complete charade.

So it's kind of spooky that I didn't build a clone of one of the primary pedals that got me interested in building to begin with until recently. OG's: if the idea of reading about a Kliche build sounds as appealing as a Pcbguitarmania build (hyperbole, I know, I know), then why did you click on this thread? But as it's my 1st anniversary, I thought this might be helpful to the novices and newbies to the forum; for as I recall around this time last year I was looking for as many examples of something like this as I could find.

First, let me say that it sounds fantastic, and palpably better than the Chinese clones I bought before I started building, which were a wish.com clone and the cheap Mosky one that Josh Scott used in a "blindfolded" test experiment type deal where he "proved" on youtube that it was just as good as the real thing. The Kliche is indeed creamier than these - like rich nougat.

So if you want to build a proper Klone but are intimidated by the full-size version, get a Kliche Mini, a pre-drilled PPCB 3-1 enclosure from Tayda (because drilling indeed sucks when you're first starting out...wait, it still sucks), and some Davies knobs (in oxblood, if you're going the classic route). While you're at it, get one of @Robert's dope top jack faceplates for the cherry on top.

Definitely easy enough for a novice to build (wish I had built it sooner). Strangely, I had a wee bit of trouble fitting the pots into the enclosure (it was a bit snug), which was a first for me from all my Tayda PPCB pre-drilled enclosure builds (obviously, I blame Tayda or this). It didn't take much finagling to make it fit - as I said, it was just strange.

So PPCB veterans, if you've read this far, bless your hearts.

Novices, you know what you need to do. Get what you need from PPCB and Tayda and get one built. Good for a first build? Of course not. Good for a 2nd build? Hell yea! As always for a PPCB build, 5 stars. Here's to another year of building!

P.S. Don't forget to socket those Ge diodes...you never know!

IMG_9345.jpg
IMG_9347.jpg
IMG_9346.jpg

Back