Kobiconn DC Jack - No Hex Nut. How to Attach?

Macca

Hi everyone,

I ordered these Kobiconn DC jacks from Mouser (recommended by Aion Fx's parts spreadsheet). From the photo, I thought the black hex nut was tightened to the body of the jack at the time.

Kobiconn DC jack 163-4302-E

In person, the hex nut is actually fixed to the rest of the jack and cannot spin/tighten. How do I secure this jack inside my enclosure? Do I need to separately purchase properly sized hex nuts?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the dumb question.
ITP_163-4302-E.jpg

Last edited:
That doesn't seem right, are you sure?

That would mean when mounted the hex part would be protruding from the outside of the enclosure. I can't imagine any application where you'd want that.

Hmm, maybe it's to prevent the jack from turning once installed? That would depend on thick enclosure walls and a squared opening.
1624642049199.png

I think we are becoming victims of an over helping community. As soon as we face a challenge we query instead of working it out.

I’m sure if you had spent 5 more min on the problem you would have worked it out. Lol…..

we’re all guilty of it !

Just need a spare nut that fits this thread. If you find the right nut, keep looking, you're bout to find the left one, too.
One... two... and the nut in the middle, yup all there.

I can see using the nut on the jack outside of the enclosure and a spare nut on the inside of the enclosure — two wrenches to tighten it and it'll never come loose.

Back