Lectric-fx Fat 32-BOSS FT-2

Guardians of the analog

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
1000010902.jpg
I'm still not building and getting thru the back log of builds I've finished but not yet posted. After a rough COVID battle and a stressful work/holiday gauntlet I'm attempting to get back in the groove. Here is a fantastic envelope filter from the late 80s. The Boss FT-2 dynamic filter is a VCA based filter that is the best filter I've used in a long time.

The build uses stacked boards and has an optional expression out for use with an expression pedal in manual mode for a more traditional wah experience. I opted to skip the jack because I would never use it. I was lucky to help do research on this simultaneously with the panacea boards and it was a lot of fun and a good Learning experience, being the boss guy has it's perks 🤣. The build is very simple and well thought out. How's it sound?

This is a very nice filter. It gives the smoothest and most consistent vocal like wah sound. Unlike the mutron or other filters, this doesn't have that distorted, synthy sound that feels like the decay wants to give out. It's more polite but that means it's more useable. The range of the knobs is great and means there is no unusable sounds and it's very intuitive to dial in. Also this has the best down envelope, and I hate down lol.

I went with a matte black enclosure with tayda UV print. I went with Armin Zola for the enclosure design. I also used a @szukalski relay for the bypass. A very fun build that I will hopefully be able to incorporate into my playing as I traditionally struggle with this type of effect. So go build one.
747NkwM.jpg
ix2rovO.jpg
ssHL8P6.jpeg

Last edited:
What a killer build. This board is really a sleeper, of all the filters I've built this sound the least like the rest of the pack, and in a good way.

Those knobs look like they're glowing, you've really upped your pic taking skills along with everything else! Nice!

That's killer. The graphic rules
Thanks Will, had to think outside the box on this one
View attachment 64776

I kind of like the idea of a manual exp pedal on an envelope filter… that might be fun.

top tier build as always.
Thanks Rob, but there is no free lunch. The expression pedals frequency response is limited by the knob settings.
Loving it. The green and black scheme inside and out pops.
I should get my a-into-g and start on that Boss back log this holiday..
Thanks Dave, and let's get to work dude, you know I'm DTF!🤣
What a killer build. This board is really a sleeper, of all the filters I've built this sound the least like the rest of the pack, and in a good way.

Those knobs look like they're glowing, you've really upped your pic taking skills along with everything else! Nice!
Thanks Gordy. It's a cool pedal for sure. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it on bass. As far as my picture skills I'm still just doing it all on my cell phone. The builds are the part getting better 🤣

Back