Lemonade OD - add treble and pre-gain?

Darrencp

Hey dudes!

On the latest version of the lemon drop (now the 7 series overdrive) the official site says its added 2 new pots (pre-gain and treble) but it's the same circuit.

Possible to add these to the current Lemonade OD board?

Cheers
D

If I was to guess what either pot does, I'd say make R6 a C1K pot and R9 a B10K or C10K one. R6 controls the gain of the first transistor, R9 together with C10 forms a lowpass filter.

Another "pre-gain" possibility, without looking at the schematic, is it's simply a pot chucked onto the very front of the circuit to tame/limit the signal going into the circuit.

The only difference is component placement.

The schematic, parts list, and drill template are all the same as the previous version of the doc.

I can't remember where I got the info but as far as the pregain is concerned it is replacing the 1K to ground from the emitter of the BC108 with a 100R resistor going to pin 3 of a B2K pot. Pin 2 goes to a 4µ7 cap which goes to ground and pin 1 goes to ground.

Lemon Drop 4-knob.png

I can't remember where I got the info but as far as the pregain is concerned it is replacing the 1K to ground from the emitter of the BC108 with a 100R resistor going to pin 3 of a B2K pot. Pin 2 goes to a 4µ7 cap which goes to ground and pin 1 goes to ground.

View attachment 29882
Finally a Lemon Drop layout with the correct 3 - 4u7 electrolytic's in place!!!!

Here is his latest version:

Too bad there still isn't a 5-knob schematic available.

Does powering these types of pedals from 18v require rebiasing of the BC108 and 2N5457?

Back