Looking for Alpha 24mm b100k pots with long PCB mount legs

cdwillis

I'm looking for one of these:

Screen Shot 2023-08-26 at 12.54.16 PM.png

Does anyone have any clue where to find them?

I have a NYC reissue Big Muff that I've tweaked a few times. For some reason they used a audio taper 500k pot for the volume. I've opened this pedal up several times messing with part values and each time I've wanted to replace that with a standard Big Muff linear 100k pot, but I cannot find one. I’ve looked at Synthcube/Smallbear, Amplified Parts, Antique Electronic Supply, Tube Debot, Tayda, Stompbox Parts, and LoveMySwitches. I guess if it comes down to it I can just run bus wire up to the terminals, but I'd prefer the long pcb mounting legs to match the other pots.

View attachment 55318

I have a NYC reissue Big Muff that I've tweaked a few times. For some reason they used a audio taper 500k pot for the volume. I've opened this pedal up several times messing with part values and each time I've wanted to replace that with a standard Big Muff linear 100k pot, but I cannot find one. I’ve looked at Synthcube/Smallbear, Amplified Parts, Antique Electronic Supply, Tube Debot, Tayda, Stompbox Parts, and LoveMySwitches. I guess if it comes down to it I can just run bus wire up to the terminals, but I'd prefer the long pcb mounting legs to match the other pots.

If you can find the 24mm b100k pots with solder lugs or pins you can just solder some snipped component legs on in place of the long pcb mount legs. I've done that a load of times and it always works just fine.

View attachment 55318

This is what i do to Fit the Alpha pots for Klon/ Ceriatone PCB's
Cut, Bend & Manipulate! :
Alpha B100K Mod.jpg

I might take you up on that. I have some stuff in my cart at Stompbox Parts already. Maybe I'll put the b100k from the sustain spot on the volume and stick the a100k on the sustain.

Were you ever able to track any of these down? I'm trying to find some myself but only come across the A100K and never any B100K for some reason.

No. I forgot about replying to stompbox parts for the a100k, but I never did find b100ks floating around anywhere. I don't know if I could somehow get one from New Sensor. I can't think of anywhere else to look.

Back