Looking for boost only mid eq circuit

maertz13

Hello all, I’m looking to add a mod boost eq to the front of an existing circuit. I know the Clapton mid boost exists, but it is huge. Hoping for something op amp based. Just need to be able to switch in some mids to goose the front end. The zorkmid has this sort of boost, but the build doc isn’t out yet.

Thoughts?

Peccary swears by the Mercurial Boost (and others advocate it vociferously, too).

Also check out the Pariah Mid Boost.
Maleficent Mids is another.
Then there's the Hyped Boost...

Maybe the XB-MB would work but is probably a lot bigger than you want if it's meant to be included in a single build with another circuit.
A tube-screamer type circuit without the clipping diodes...?
Just about any EQ pedal could do it, but the EQ Anyone? or other boost and then tailor the freq to your needs...

Zorkmid will have the parts-values printed on the board, so you wouldn't need the build-doc unless you need to do some trouble-shooting.

The BB-MB does have a significant mid-bump but the "mid-boost" isn't really a mid boost. The BB is a TS with the stock tone control preset and a two-way EQ added. The BB-MB is exactly the same but with the stock tone control reinstated. So not really a mid boost at all - quite confusing.

There are loads of simple pedals which boost mids and gain. The Tchula can be used as a mid-boost if you leave off the diodes and add a master volume - very easily done. The Red Rooster is called a Treble Booster but is really more of a mid-boost. The name is deceptive. It doesn't really boost treble as much as a lovely mid bump. You can hear where the TS came from - it's almost a successor to the Treble Booster.

The Mercurial’s ability to select the boosted frequency is really useful—the other circuits mentioned may also have this; I’m not familiar with them.

Back