Low output of chorus side on Electrovibe build

heymrbassman

Hi everyone!

I’m fairly new to pedal building. I’ve had a lot of success with kits, and some non kit builds. I‘ve tackled the Electrovibe build, and while it sounds great, I’m not getting the same output on the chorus setting as I’m getting on the vibrato setting. Are there some voltage measurements I could check to help solve my problem? Perhaps someone else has covered this issue? Any input is appreciated.

-HMBM

Attachments

• B1169DBA-2233-41AB-9D89-BCC111C2A5F6.jpeg
    B1169DBA-2233-41AB-9D89-BCC111C2A5F6.jpeg
    609.3 KB · Views: 17
  • C3553BDC-84D0-480F-9922-5F79CD54E597.jpeg
    C3553BDC-84D0-480F-9922-5F79CD54E597.jpeg
    866.4 KB · Views: 17
Your work looks good. Have you tried reflowing the solder on your connections. The solder blobs should be shiny not dull. Also check the back of the pots are insulated. You don't want them short circuiting on the back of the pcb. Lastly check the connections on the toggle switch. Jeds Peds UK sell a version of the Electrovibe called the Angelvibe. It has a good build document with the 2N5088 transistor voltages listed. This might help discover a bad transistor.

I also suggest before doing up a build give it a quick general research on the forums. find some troubleshooting topics as well as completed build reports. there are always some good nuggets of info in there about a particular build. Sometimes there are mods to consider as well as helpful info to make sure you get it going the first time. There are some very in depth topics on the electrovibe. I ended up implementing some of that info into mine and it was perfect out of the gate with no volume drop.

This sounds like normal behaviour if you have built it with stock values and haven’t tweaked R4. Like @swelchy says - there’s loads on the forum to increase the volume with some simple resistor tweaks.

Back
Top Bottom