Low Tide Modulator

p_wats

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Through a few big parts orders and the kindness of @Laundryroom David, I finally got all the parts together to build this Low Tide board I've been sitting on for a while.

Seemed to work fine, but I noticed some farty/distorted output depending on the settings. Figured it would be the SMD 2sk208, but my audio probe pointed at the through-hole J201 instead. As per another thread I eventually realized a bunch of my old through-hole J201s seem to be out of spec/bad. Thankfully there are still a few good ones, so a quick swap fixed any issues.

...that is, until I confused the anode and cathode on the LED (again) and soldered that in wrong, but shhhhh. We don't have to talk about that.

20230821_173908.jpg

20230821_174005.jpg

I went with a bare enclosure in homage to the Shallow Water, but gave it some colour to suit my own preference (hard to see the white labelling in the photos. Looks better in person).

I can see what all the fuss is about with this pedal! Great sound that may end up an "always on" depending on the song/set. I've also got a half-finished Low Tide Mini on the go too, so I'll probably only keep one, but my friend has a real Shallow Water, so I'm interested to compare them all when the time comes.

Back